This is a recipe I made myself, last time we had watercress.
I liked it so much that I felt I had to share it, so I hope you like it too.
- 1 bag watercress, chopped
- 2 Medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 tin cannelini beans
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
Gently fry the onions in butter.
- Add the garlic and potato and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring to avoid sticking and burning.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cannelini beans,
return to the boil and continue to simmer for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in the chopped watercress, return to the boil and serve.